For a life threatening emergency, dial 911 or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
24 hour crisis hotlines:
- Alameda County 24 hour crisis support: 1-800-273-8255 or Crisis Support Services of Alameda County.
- National Suicide Hotline: 800.SUICIDE or 800.273.TALK
- Trevor Project - Specifically for LGBTQ youth, The Trevor Project offers 24/7 crisis intervention and suicide prevention phone, chat,or text service: 1-866-488-7386
Violence & Abuse:
Low cost therapy & counseling services:
Please note that I can't endorse or verify the qualifications of any of the providers at these organizations.
- The Wright Institute has supervised interns in training who provide low cost Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- The Berkeley Therapy Institute is an East Bay mental health clinic that offers sliding scale therapy with licensed clinicians as well as low cost therapy with supervised interns. Ask for a therapist who is being trained to specialize in the areas you're seeking help.
- The Pacific Center is an LGBTQ community center in Berkeley that provides low cost psychotherapy by supervised interns.